12 November 2011

Alas, not another list but. . .

just some books worth mentioning I am reading.


I am currently reading Tortured for Christ by Richard Wurmbrand and I recommend it to anyone and everyone! I can not believe it sat on my shelf for so long.

"I had the grace to be one of the chosen of God for reasons that I don't understand. These reasons had nothing to do with my character because [it] was very bad."

". . .after having seen the Bride of Christ in prison, I . . .love the Underground Church almost as much as I love Christ Himself. I have seen her beauty, her spirit of sacrifice."
~Richard Wurmbrand

Here is a link to the Voice of the Martyrs website where you can actually request a free copy and explore and support the outreach the Underground Church is doing.

I am also currently reading My Utmost for His Highest. Another classic that I have never read completely. I have picked it up here and there and just read some entries but I have now started from the beginning. It is interesting, I am only on day five and it already seems like several people might have written it and not just one. I have already been uplifted and yet also questioned one passage. I have decided to read five passages every day, a new one and the previous four. It helps me digest them better and already I am finding new things in each passage as I re-read it.
Here are some examples of things that have struck me so far. I pray that I may be able to heed Mr. Chambers words as I pray I continue to grow in the knowledge, grace and love of Christ.

Here is a link to a blog about Oswald Chambers and it includes devotionals.


"Let the attitude of the life be a continual 'going out' in dependance upon God, and your life will have an ineffable charm about it which is a satisfaction to Jesus."

"When it is a question of the providential will of God, wait for God to move." ~Oswald Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment