So I am sticking with the children's book theme. This list will be. . .
Top ten children's storybooks I have discovered since being a mommy
1. One Morning in Maine by Robert McCloskey
2. Olivia/Olivia and the Missing Toy by Ian Falconer (This one's a toss-up)
3. A Day with Wilbur Robinson by William Joyce
4. Hondo & Fabian by Peter McCarty
5. A Boy Wants a Dinosaur by Hiawyn Oram
6. King Bidgood's in the Bathtub by Audrey Wood
7. Make Way For Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
8. Sleepyhead by Karma Wilson
9. McDuff & Yoko series by Rosemary Wells (I know, I'm cheating but it's MY list)
10. God Gave Us You by Lisa Tawn Bergren
This was a hard list to narrow down. We love most of the books by all of these authors as well as so many more. I tried to choose based on both story and illustration. I could probably do a top twenty list. Maybe next time. I will do a classic storybook list later, maybe that one will be a top twenty. . .
I would really, really love feedback on this one with books you love reading to your kiddos.
The top illustration is from Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey.
Reading, playing with my children, reading to my children, cooking, music, writing poetry, staying in touch with friends, my family, old movies, specifically Audrey Hepburn or Hitchcock starring Cary Grant movies, politics, quilting, crocheting, photography, baseball and the New York Yankees, watching college basketball, pistol shooting