16 March 2010

Reading

If grace perfects nature it must expand all our natures into the full richness of the diversity which God intended when He made them, and Heaven will display far more variety than Hell. . . a Greek Orthodox mass I once attended. . . seemed to [have] no prescribed behaviour for the congregation. . . the beauty was that nobody took notice of what anyone else was doing. ~c.s. lewis, Letters to Malcolm: Chiefly on Prayer

This is one book I am currently reading. This quote leaped off the page at me. I have been in a place where I wanted to be the person who could ignore what was going on around me and worship so fully. I have also been the person who wanted others to ignore me. Communing with my Heavenly Father in a church setting seems to have distractions no matter how I pray. I am so thankful I am able to do it anyway. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment