Top ten biography/autobiography books I have read in the last five years.
1. Surprised by Joy by Jack Lewis
2. Tolkien and Lewis: the Gift of Friendship by Colin Duriez
3. Jack by George Sayer
4. The Simple Faith of Mister Rogers by Amy Hollingsworth
5. Jack's Life by Douglas Gresham
6. Winston Churchill: An Intimate Portrait by Violet Bonham Carter
7. The Tale of Beatrix Potter by Margaret Lane
8. Audrey Hepburn: An Elegant Spirit by her son, Sean Hepburn Farrar
9. Confessions by St. Augustine
10. Girl Meets God: A Memoir by Lauren F. Winner
honorable mention: Shadow Warriors: Inside the Special Forces by Tom Clancy (I don't know that this actually qualifies as a biography but it kind of is. . . and it's a great read)
I am working on a new one called The Inklings which may have made the list if I were done with it. I also have a few Reagan bios that have not been read yet including one that speaks about his friendship w. Margaret Thatcher. May just have to make a political bios list later. . .
Encouragement For The Week
18 hours ago